What do we do? A lot! Once you are a member, you are encouraged to attend as many activities as you like. All events are kid friendly. Here is an overview of the types of activities we provide:
- Playgroups: From infants to preschoolers, our age-specific playgroups meet weekly and are arranged, whenever possible, to meet the scheduling needs of our members.
- Kids Outings: Adventures out into the community for moms and their kids. We go to area locations such as spray parks or pools, pumpkin patches, nature preserves, ice cream parlors, museums, and local indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
- Coffee Club: A chance to grab a cup of joe with your fellow Moms and chat.
- Monthly Luncheon: A potluck held in a member's home, or a lunch out at a local kid-friendly restaurant.
- Family Outings: An opportunity for the whole family to go on an outing in the community, like a concert in the park or a round of miniature golf.
- Moms Night Out: One evening a month for moms to go out and enjoy grown-up company and participate in an activity together.
- General Meetings: On the second Tuesday of each month members and their children meet at a community location to mingle and chat about the club. During a typical meeting there is some club business followed by a speaker or special activity.
- Service Projects: Each year our chapter participates in two philanthropy projects, one in the spring and another in the fall. These have included collecting school supplies for Koinonia Foundation's August Angels, fundraising for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and providing much needed clothing and supplies to foster children through the Fund for Alexandria's Child.
- Sunshine Greetings and Meals: When a member is having a birthday or is in need of a pick-me-up, we send a greeting card letting them know we are here to support them. When a new baby arrives or a family is in need, meals are provided for a short period of time.
- Park Days: Casual gatherings initiated by one of the moms at a local park - an opportunity for kids to get a little exercise while Moms catch up with fellow members.
- Seasonal Gatherings: These include a Valentine's Day party, Easter egg hunt, fall festivial, gingerbread house-making session, holiday feast, and an end of the year picnic.